multiplication.com is a site dedicated to helping kids learn multiplication. Like many other sites they use Flash games to do this in a fun and engaging way. But as with many other sites they identified a growing volume of traffic from mobile devices, most notably iPads, so looked for a way to offer their games to those visitors as well.
They contacted us to help convert existing Flash games over to HTML5. They had tried a few times already but the results had been less than satisfactory; the games either not working fast enough or not working across devices. So we took their game Fantastic Fish Shop and ported it over to HTML5, retaining all of the original features of the game such as the transitions, animations, wide variety of character faces and shop upgrades.
Site owner Alan Walker had this to say about the experience: “I wanted to drop you a note and let you know how wonderful it was to work with Photon Storm. I am thrilled with the game you converted from flash. I was a bit worried about having work done by a company half way around the world. (I have experienced some major issues in the past.) After my first conversation, I knew you were the people I wanted to work with. Thanks for finishing the job on time and on budget. But most of all, thanks for the amazing work!”
We look forward to helping Alan and his team in the future as they build up their selection of games for mobile visitors. If you’ve got existing games you’d like converted to HTML5 then please get in touch for a free quote.
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- Welcome to the DarkForge - An archive of all my old DarkBASIC code
- Phaser goes to the movies
- We're hiring: Freelance Project Manager / Producer (UK only)
- Pixel Perfect scaling a Phaser game
- We're hiring: Laravel4 and Web Audio API developers
- A defiant and deadly Phaser 2.0.6 "Jornhill" is released
- A first look at what iOS8 means for Phaser and Pixi.js (hint: bunnies, LOTS of them!)
- Lands of Lorez - our 32x32 pixel dungeon crawler
- Flash to Phaser JSFL Script
- Phaser 2 and our plans for the future
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media