|Twitter / app.net||@photonstorm|
|Company||Registered in England and Wales.
Company Number: 8036404
VAT Registered: 136 4333 27
Professional indemnity insurance: £1 million
Public and products liability insurance: £1 million
To license one of our Flash games visit our Flash Game License page.
Why is it called Photon Storm?
The name comes from a lesser known Jeff Minter game released for the Atari ST. I thought it was a great game. Very few magazines agreed. Even Jeff himself doesn’t rate it too highly. But it had a wonderful name which I adopted for this site, much to Jeff’s amusement.
The game was a 2D shooter. You viewed your ship from above and flew around with a combination of the mouse and keyboard. The control system was very Geometry Wars in style. Mouse to aim and keyboard to move. It took some getting used to but was well worth the effort. Truly innovative for 1990 and not really repeated again until everyone was using dual analog sticks.
That’s all folks
Play our games, read our posts, join us for some coding and leave comments if you wish.
But most of all have fun! And don’t ever stop creating.
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- My Adobe Max slides: HTML5 Game Development for the Mobile Web
- Phaser 0.9.5 Released - Camera FX, lots of Tilemap updates and more!
- Our list of HTML5 Game Sponsors
- Phaser 0.9 Released - Motion, Collision, GeomSprites and more
- Phaser Logo - Phase One
- Announcing Phaser (Flixel HTML5) and our Adobe Max session
- TypeScript Signals released - Think outside the Event
- AS3 to TypeScript Conversion Script
- Our 3rd NFL game - Guardian Training: Over Throw is now out
- Helping Multiplication.com support their growing mobile traffic
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media