Posts Tagged ‘breakout’
15th Apr 2011
Having spent the past couple of days deep in Microsoft Word writing tech specs, I was desperate to do some coding. But I only had a 1 hour lunch break available. So I picked a game: Breakout (Atari 2600 style), found a reference screen shot online to get the colours from, fired-up FlashDevelop, hit record and started coding.
20mins later and it was done. I then hastily cut this video together and uploaded to YouTube (which ironically took longer than coding did). Here’s the video embedded. I sped it up x2 for sanity sake, and it’s a nice way of hiding my typos If you can please watch it in HD on the YouTube site, it’s much easier to see what I’m coding!
Ok so it’s not a gaming master-piece, but there’s a real solid shell of a game here you are free to take and expand as you wish. The first thing you may want to do is drop the “cheat wall” from the bottom, add some lives, a score and level progression
Full source code after the jump.
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- My Adobe Max session: HTML5 Gaming on the Mobile Web is now live on Adobe TV
- My Adobe Max slides: HTML5 Game Development for the Mobile Web
- Phaser 0.9.5 Released - Camera FX, lots of Tilemap updates and more!
- Our list of HTML5 Game Sponsors
- Phaser 0.9 Released - Motion, Collision, GeomSprites and more
- Phaser Logo - Phase One
- Announcing Phaser (Flixel HTML5) and our Adobe Max session
- TypeScript Signals released - Think outside the Event
- AS3 to TypeScript Conversion Script
- Our 3rd NFL game - Guardian Training: Over Throw is now out
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media