We’re pleased to announce that Christian has asked us to release the full source packages for FlodXM and Flod 3. So we created 2 new github projects and spent a lot of time collecting, sorting and populating them! Our Flod page on this site has also been drastically updated to reflect all of the changes and provide clear download links and examples.
FlodXM was previously only available as a SWF to test XM file playback quality. Thank you to everyone who did this and submitted broken modules. With the source now available you’re free to replay XMs in your own games and demos, as well as fork the project and build your own players or fix missing effects.
Flod 3 was Christians attempt to merge all of the various Flod classes together. Previously Flod had been dedicated to Amiga mod replay (so common Soundtracker and ProTracker files) where-as the FlodEx package was for the more unique formats like SidMon and Future Composer. Flod 3 brings all of those together into one set of classes, making life for developers much easier and cleaner! It’s only a Release Candidate however, so we’ve included it along-side the packages on which it is built.
Finally we’ve also released Flym which is an Atari ST YM music replay library. YM files traditionally come from Atari ST emulators, and are raw Yamaha soundchip register dumps. There are hundreds of them available online and while this is a very niche replay class, I for one appreciate the fact it exists!
So head on over to the new Flod page to snag the downloads, and play your hearts out!
5 ResponsesLeave a comment
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- Phaser 2 and our plans for the future
- Phaser 1.1.4 ("Kandor") released. Check out the new features and roadmap.
- Phaser games in Ludum Dare 28
- Advanced Phaser and TypeScript Projects
- How to use Phaser with TypeScript
- Tutorial: Making your first Phaser game
- Phaser 1.1.3 "Arafel" has landed with a shadery splash
- My HTML5 Game Development In-depth session at the Montreal International Games Summit 2013
- Phaser 1.1 is released! New API docs, 150+ examples and hundreds of updates
- Phaser 1.0 and the journey we took to get there
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media