Adam has recently pushed Flixel v2.5 from the dev branch to beta, which means it is very close to becoming the next master release of flixel.
A lot has changed between the previous version and 2.5. There have been significant structural changes, dead-wood pruned out, and a lot of really nice new features added including powerful cameras and game save / replay support.
There’s little point holding on to the past, so I have updated the Flixel Power Tools accordingly. They are now fully v2.5 compatible, and the library, Test Suite and all the Tests have been updated to the new format. I will no longer maintain the old 2.43 branch, and it will eventually be archived away. All new classes will be for v2.5+ only.
The Test Suite was also updated. I fixed the FlxColors Test 2, so it now properly works. FlxStarfield now has 2 new tests and supports both 2D and 3D starfields, and there is a new FlxButtonPlus test to show how to create custom buttons with roll-over events, callback parameters and more.
You can get the download from the Google Code Projects page as a zip file, or check out the svn project from there. Several people have been asking that I move it over to github. If you agree then let me know. It’s a lot of extra work maintaining both svn and git versions, but I personally am far more happy working in svn at the moment. Still, if demand is large enough I’ll spend the time required to learn git properly.
3 ResponsesLeave a comment
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- Phaser 2 and our plans for the future
- Phaser 1.1.4 ("Kandor") released. Check out the new features and roadmap.
- Phaser games in Ludum Dare 28
- Advanced Phaser and TypeScript Projects
- How to use Phaser with TypeScript
- Tutorial: Making your first Phaser game
- Phaser 1.1.3 "Arafel" has landed with a shadery splash
- My HTML5 Game Development In-depth session at the Montreal International Games Summit 2013
- Phaser 1.1 is released! New API docs, 150+ examples and hundreds of updates
- Phaser 1.0 and the journey we took to get there
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media