Back before Christmas (you remember Christmas don’t you? it seems so long ago now) we finished an HTML5 mobile browser game for the agency BiteCp as part of a Christmas campaign.
In Yeti Dash you choose from 3 characters: a Viking, a penguin or a snow leopard and control them across a horizontally scrolling snow bound level all the while being chased by a Yeti. The level is full of ice to speed you up, fish for you to throw at the yeti to slow him down and various things to avoid. And should the yeti catch you.. well, you have to endure some yeti smooching (yes, for real).
Originally during development it was a lot quicker to play. The characters gained momentum from sliding for example and could leap much higher and faster, using the hills almost like ramps to launch themselves from. But these things were removed during tweaking and play testing but we are strongly considering revisiting the old mid-way code base to see if it wouldn’t fit well into a brand new game where speed is essential.
The game is still up to play on http://holiday2012.mindshareworld.com (hit it with a desktop browser for the Flash version, mobile for HTML5)
2 ResponsesLeave a comment
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- How to use Phaser with TypeScript
- Tutorial: Making your first Phaser game
- Phaser 1.1.3 "Arafel" has landed with a shadery splash
- My HTML5 Game Development In-depth session at the Montreal International Games Summit 2013
- Phaser 1.1 is released! New API docs, 150+ examples and hundreds of updates
- Phaser 1.0 and the journey we took to get there
- Wide-eyed, quacky, flappy, pre-school adventures!
- We're now Nintendo Approved Wii U HTML5 developers
- Our largest HTML5 game to date: Wolfblood: The Mystery of Stoneybridge for CBBC
- Assembloids comes to the Atari XE
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media