Since starting to run Photon Storm full time earlier this year I always told myself I was going to keep things small. A micro-business if you will. Just myself handling development, my wife handling projects and we outsource the rest. But we’re at the point now where we are turning down considerable projects every week just because there are not enough hours in the day.
Intern / Junior Developer / Game Designer
This is a part-time remote-working role with flexible hours. Initially we’d be looking for 10 hours spread across the week. You must have excellent written English.
There’s a lot of work involved in running a small games studio. From the admin side such as researching genres, keeping on-top of technology, preparing presentations, articles and contracts to the game development side. Here is where we need help with play testing, browser/device testing, level and puzzle design, sourcing audio and art, preparing game design documents and (if your skills allow) helping with small programming tasks. These areas are where we feel a new member of the team could help us a lot. It will be a mixed bag of tasks, some more exciting than others, but we’ll treat you fairly and value your contribution.
Naturally you’ll be keen to get into game development yourself (otherwise please don’t apply!) so in exchange we’ll give you the resource you need to enhance your skills and actually make something. This position is suitable for beginner developers, artists or game designers. We consider this role a proper member of the team and you would be expected to participate in the decisions we make as a company. Enthusiasm and a genuine passion for games is essential.
These are exciting times for our company and we trust that with the right extra help on board we can manage our growth carefully and still create awesome games.
3 ResponsesLeave a comment
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- Phaser goes to the movies
- We're hiring: Freelance Project Manager / Producer (UK only)
- Pixel Perfect scaling a Phaser game
- We're hiring: Laravel4 and Web Audio API developers
- A defiant and deadly Phaser 2.0.6 "Jornhill" is released
- A first look at what iOS8 means for Phaser and Pixi.js (hint: bunnies, LOTS of them!)
- Lands of Lorez - our 32x32 pixel dungeon crawler
- Flash to Phaser JSFL Script
- Phaser 2 and our plans for the future
- Phaser 1.1.4 ("Kandor") released. Check out the new features and roadmap.
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media