Back before Christmas (you remember Christmas don’t you? it seems so long ago now) we finished an HTML5 mobile browser game for the agency BiteCp as part of a Christmas campaign.
In Yeti Dash you choose from 3 characters: a Viking, a penguin or a snow leopard and control them across a horizontally scrolling snow bound level all the while being chased by a Yeti. The level is full of ice to speed you up, fish for you to throw at the yeti to slow him down and various things to avoid. And should the yeti catch you.. well, you have to endure some yeti smooching (yes, for real).
Originally during development it was a lot quicker to play. The characters gained momentum from sliding for example and could leap much higher and faster, using the hills almost like ramps to launch themselves from. But these things were removed during tweaking and play testing but we are strongly considering revisiting the old mid-way code base to see if it wouldn’t fit well into a brand new game where speed is essential.
The game is still up to play on http://holiday2012.mindshareworld.com (hit it with a desktop browser for the Flash version, mobile for HTML5)
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- My Adobe Max slides: HTML5 Game Development for the Mobile Web
- Phaser 0.9.5 Released - Camera FX, lots of Tilemap updates and more!
- Our list of HTML5 Game Sponsors
- Phaser 0.9 Released - Motion, Collision, GeomSprites and more
- Phaser Logo - Phase One
- Announcing Phaser (Flixel HTML5) and our Adobe Max session
- TypeScript Signals released - Think outside the Event
- AS3 to TypeScript Conversion Script
- Our 3rd NFL game - Guardian Training: Over Throw is now out
- Helping Multiplication.com support their growing mobile traffic
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media