Sarah and Duck: Jigsaw
|Released||13th August 2013|
Code - Richard Davey
Graphics - Tom WaterhousePLAY
Sarah and Duck is a delightful pre-school TV show produced by Karrot Entertainment for the BBC. It is shown on CBeebies channel and tells the tales of the show’s main characters, seven-year-old Sarah and her best friend Duck (who is a duck). The central theme is the relationship between these two characters and the adventures they have together.
We were commissioned to create an HTML5 jigsaw game for CBeebies based on the TV show. Due to the very low age range of the target audience we had to create simple jigsaws, with bright inviting art from the series. We opted for some traditional rectangular jigsaws as well as some slightly more complex ‘cut out object’ jigsaws, all presented from a swipe-to-scroll menu.
The Sarah and Duck game was created entirely with our new open source HTML5 framework Phaser.
How to play our HTML5 games
While all of our games work in both mobile and desktop browsers a lot of the sites they are embedded in are mobile only.
To get around this either make sure you play our game using a mobile web browser or install a User Agent spoofing extension. We recommend the User-Agent Switcher for Chrome.
If you run into problems playing one of our games please contact us, we'll be only too happy to help.
One ResponseLeave a comment
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- Phaser v2.1.3 and Pixi v2 are out!
- Welcome to the DarkForge - An archive of all my old DarkBASIC code
- Phaser goes to the movies
- We're hiring: Freelance Project Manager / Producer (UK only)
- Pixel Perfect scaling a Phaser game
- We're hiring: Laravel4 and Web Audio API developers
- A defiant and deadly Phaser 2.0.6 "Jornhill" is released
- A first look at what iOS8 means for Phaser and Pixi.js (hint: bunnies, LOTS of them!)
- Lands of Lorez - our 32x32 pixel dungeon crawler
- Flash to Phaser JSFL Script
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media