The problem with working so hard on a framework and client projects, is that you have precious little time left for your own games. I felt the need to correct this. So I spent a day converting one of our Flash games to HTML5:
Droplets is a simple little game based on the range of vinyl toys created by Jam Factory. Just get the 5 droplets home, collect as many hearts as you can on the way, and avoid contact with pretty much everything else! The mobile version differs from the Flash one in that you slide left/right and have a lot of bounce – if you aren’t too careful you can end up ricocheting around the place like a pinball. Get home to the factory at the end to complete the level.
Simple, but still quite fun And I’m very happy with the way it resizes intelligently on most devices. I’ve tested it on a variety of phones and tablets, from an iPhone 3 up to a Nexus 7, and it ran ok on most of them. Some (like the Samsung Galaxy S3) don’t cope with the canvas scaling too well and thus the frame rate suffers, but on the whole it’s about all that the ImpactJS engine can handle.
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- My Adobe Max session: HTML5 Gaming on the Mobile Web is now live on Adobe TV
- My Adobe Max slides: HTML5 Game Development for the Mobile Web
- Phaser 0.9.5 Released - Camera FX, lots of Tilemap updates and more!
- Our list of HTML5 Game Sponsors
- Phaser 0.9 Released - Motion, Collision, GeomSprites and more
- Phaser Logo - Phase One
- Announcing Phaser (Flixel HTML5) and our Adobe Max session
- TypeScript Signals released - Think outside the Event
- AS3 to TypeScript Conversion Script
- Our 3rd NFL game - Guardian Training: Over Throw is now out
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media