Adam has recently pushed Flixel v2.5 from the dev branch to beta, which means it is very close to becoming the next master release of flixel.
A lot has changed between the previous version and 2.5. There have been significant structural changes, dead-wood pruned out, and a lot of really nice new features added including powerful cameras and game save / replay support.
There’s little point holding on to the past, so I have updated the Flixel Power Tools accordingly. They are now fully v2.5 compatible, and the library, Test Suite and all the Tests have been updated to the new format. I will no longer maintain the old 2.43 branch, and it will eventually be archived away. All new classes will be for v2.5+ only.
The Test Suite was also updated. I fixed the FlxColors Test 2, so it now properly works. FlxStarfield now has 2 new tests and supports both 2D and 3D starfields, and there is a new FlxButtonPlus test to show how to create custom buttons with roll-over events, callback parameters and more.
You can get the download from the Google Code Projects page as a zip file, or check out the svn project from there. Several people have been asking that I move it over to github. If you agree then let me know. It’s a lot of extra work maintaining both svn and git versions, but I personally am far more happy working in svn at the moment. Still, if demand is large enough I’ll spend the time required to learn git properly.
Make yourself heard
All about Photon Storm and our
HTML5 game development services
- My Adobe Max slides: HTML5 Game Development for the Mobile Web
- Phaser 0.9.5 Released - Camera FX, lots of Tilemap updates and more!
- Our list of HTML5 Game Sponsors
- Phaser 0.9 Released - Motion, Collision, GeomSprites and more
- Phaser Logo - Phase One
- Announcing Phaser (Flixel HTML5) and our Adobe Max session
- TypeScript Signals released - Think outside the Event
- AS3 to TypeScript Conversion Script
- Our 3rd NFL game - Guardian Training: Over Throw is now out
- Helping Multiplication.com support their growing mobile traffic
Filter our Content
- Cool Links
- Flash Game Dev Tips
- Game Development
- Geek Shopping
- In the Media